It's official! We are pleased to announce a solo show by Melissa Townsend opening on Friday, November 27th, 7-9pm. There will also be a meet and greet with the artist the following afternoon, Saturday, November 28th, 2pm-3:30pm The show is called "Come Awake, my Love"
Gallery Artists Holiday Features- New Works featured each week of December- Stay Tuned!
4" x 5" surfaces are now available at both DeSerres and the NSCAD Art Supply store in Halifax***
It’s that time of year again! We are announcing our open call for submissions for Pre-Shrunk, our much loved annual group show that asks artists to create work on a 4x5” surface. We encourage submissions from both established and emerging artists in their preferred medium.
- Works must be on a 4x5” surface. Pieces that do not measure 4x5” will not be considered.
- Artists may submit a maximum of five pieces
- We ask that you do NOT attach hanging devices (ie wire, hooks, d-rings, etc). The gallery will take care of this for continuity.
- If you are working on paper it must be mounted on to a sturdy 4x5” surface that can be hung on the wall.
- Submissions must be new and not previously shown.
- Please include:
- Your name
- Phone number and email address
- Title and materials used to create the work
To apply for this year’s show please send photographs of completed work in a JPEG format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JANUARY 6th at MIDNIGHT
If your work is selected by the jury you will be notified by phone or email the following week.
- Pieces that are selected for this year’s exhibition will be priced at $175 each, with standard 50% commission. Please keep this price in mind when creating your pieces.
- DeSerress and the NSCAD bookstore have kindly ordered pre-made 4x5” canvas and boards to supply artists wanting to participate in this show. Supplies are limited.
SHOP OPENS FRIDAY JANUARY 22nd
Please phone or drop in to the gallery if you have any questions regarding the show – 902.425.9456. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
From your pals at Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Caitlin McGuire
1559 Barrington St, Halifax , NS
GENERAL ART SUBMISSIONS:
Argyle Fine Art is not currently looking for new artists for this location, however we are always interested in seeing what you are doing for the future season. If interested in submitting your work via a portfolio please follow the submission recommendations below:
An exhibition proposal/ request to show a body of work at the gallery should include the following:
A professional resume/CV
An artist statement
A CD with images, a LINK to your blog or site, or NO MORE THAN 5 images (Jpegs, 300 dpi max)
Do Not Send Us The Physical Artwork or just SHOW UP with ARTWORK!
Please include information on each work: medium, size and date of completion
Reviews, catalogues, articles, history of sales if any.
SASE self addressed stamped envelope if mailing your submission.
You can email submissions to: email@example.com
Proposal of work to be exhibited - optional
You can mail or drop off submissions addressed to:
Argyle Fine Art
Attention: Exhibitions Coordinator
1559 Barrington Street, Unit 102
Thank you for your interest in our gallery.